In 2010, Library Journal and School Library Journal brought you our inaugural Virtual Summit on ebooks and the library market, Ebooks: Libraries at the Tipping Point. More than 2,000 participants from the library community joined us for this day-long virtual event to discuss how ebooks are shaping the future of libraries.
This year, we go one step beyond to bring you Ebooks: The New Normal. This one-day virtual conference will bring together public, academic and school librarians (K-12), vendors, publishers, and industry experts to address how libraries are leveraging the ebook opportunity to improve service and reach more users than ever before. The event offers something for everyone, from building an ebook strategy and collection to mastering the transition and even how to market ebooks to patrons.
WHAT WILL YOU EXPERIENCE?
• Forward-thinking presentations and panel discussions on the evolving concept of the book in a digital world
• Presentations focusing on current best practices for library ebook collections in libraries of all types
• Relevant research on ebook penetration and adoption by libraries and millions of library users
• Virtual vendor booths, live chats, vendor presentations, informative take aways, and prizes
• Unlimited access to the archived content for 3 months
Featuring individually focused tracks for the public, academic and school (K–12) library segments, with expert panelists and speakers including:
Lawrence Block, internationally renowned bestselling author
Robin Bradford, Fiction Collection Development Librarian, Indianapolis-Marion County Public Library
Eli Neiburger, Associate Director, IT and Production, Ann Arbor District Library, MI
Robin Nesbitt, Technical Services Director, Columbus Metropolitan Library
Joseph Sanchez, Instructional Design Librarian, University of Colorado Denver
Joyce Valenza, author, Power Tools, Power Research Tools and Power Tools Recharged
For more information visit http://www.ebook-summit.com/