Best Buy Offers Community GrantsThrough decades of charitable giving totaling more than $175 million, Best Buy has supported non-profit organizations in the communities where our employees live and work. Best Buy believes in the power of teens, and @15 is a platform to connect with them, give voice to their perspectives, and invest our resources – including the energy and talents of our employees – to turn their ideas into action and support their efforts to lead social change. To learn more, visit http://www.at15.com/.
@15 is about giving teens opportunities to Live, Learn, Love, and Lead. These are the four dimensions of our @15 mission, and they are specifically designed to create a picture of a whole person, rather than defining a particular issue.
- Learn — opportunities to have a high quality education and learn
- Live — opportunities to build life skills and thrive
- Lead — opportunities to develop leadership skills and contribute
- Love — opportunities to build healthy relationships and relate
Best Buy seeks applications from organizations that have current 501(c)(3) tax status and are serving a diverse population of young teens in the areas of learning, life skills, leadership or relationship development. Special consideration will be given to programs that:
- Serve a diverse population in local or regional communities
- Build social, academic, leadership and/or life skills in early adolescents (primarily ages 13-18)
- Show positive results against a demonstrated community need
- Reach at-risk children in working families
Organizations must successfully complete the grant eligibility quiz online at: www.easymatch.com/bestbuygrant to apply.
Grants are awarded for one year and are not intended to be recurring funding. We invite grantees to re-apply in subsequent years based on program results, although there are no guarantees of multi-year grants. Previous grantees must submit a report online before applying for subsequent funding.
Organizations within the Twin Cities 7-county metro area are eligible and can apply for the Community Grants Program or the Twin Cities Fund, but not both.
- June 1, 2010 Grant application opens. Review guidelines and apply online at http://www.easymaatch.com/bestbuygrant
- July 1, 2010 Deadline to submit application online - hard copy applications will not be considered.
- September 2010 Grant announcement and awards.