We’ll briefly discuss why and how the buying pool was created, why we believe it makes sense for Wisconsin’s public libraries, what we’ve learned in the few months since it started, and how materials are selected for the collection. Once our brief (15-30 minute) presentation is complete, there will be plenty of time for questions and discussion.
About the panel:
Jim Trojanowski is Director of Northern Waters Library Service and Chair of the Wisconsin Public Library Consortium (WPLC), which created and maintains the digital media buying pool.
Jeff Gilderson-Duwe is Director of Oshkosh Public Library and Winnefox Library System. He served as a member of the WPLC committee that developed the concept of the buying pool.
Sara Gold is Cooperative Purchasing and Licensing Program Librarian at WiLS. She is consultant to the WPLC Selection Committee, which is responsible for purchasing content for the buying pool.
To connect to the webinar:
1. Web: Click on https://www4.gotomeeting.com/join/400351039 any time after 9:30am on May 3rd.
- When you join the meeting you'll be prompted to download a small application to your computer.
- Enter this meeting ID 400-351-039 if asked.
2. Audio: Use a microphone and headphones/speakers.
- Or call in using a telephone/speakerphone: Dial 267-507-0008
Access code 400-351-039
Audio PIN: shown after joining the meeting
Joy Schwarz will be logged in to the meeting space by 9:30am that day if anyone wants to check their computer's speakers and/or microphone audio levels.
Jim Trojanowski, Director
Northern Waters Library Service
3200 E Lakeshore Dr
Ashland WI 54806
Ph 715-682-2365 x11