Please note the following:
- This is a separate collection of eBooks from your main OverDrive collection.
- The collection contains over 15,000 titles.
- Patrons do NOT need to sign in to download the titles.
- When a patron hovers over a book cover, the available metadata displays to them.
- Checkouts from the collection do not count against your regular checkout/lending options.
- Titles act like Always Available titles so there are unlimited simultaneous downloads but downloads do not expire.
- The collection of eBooks also uses the Adobe Digital Editions software your patrons are currently using.
- Please refer to the ‘tips’ link at the top of the introduction to the collection for instructions on how to download content.
- A report showing download statistics for the collection will be available via Content Reserve in the coming months.
- MARC records will not be available for these titles, however please use the web graphic below for your library’s OPAC to help promote Project Gutenberg eBooks at your Virtual Branch website.
(Kathy Schneider, WPLC)