Teen Read Week registration closes one week from today! Here are five great reasons to visit http://www.ala.org/teenread today:
1) Teen Read Week registration is free! By registering, you are letting us know that teen literacy is a concern and you are willing to do something about it! Your registration helps YALSA know how many people participate in Teen Read Week and ensures that it will be an ongoing event.
2) Just by registering, you'll be entered into contests to win free books from Teen Read Week promotional partners Cinco Puntos, Carolrhoda Lab, and Viz Media. All registrants will receive a complimentary copy of TeenInk! And registration will also give you access to this year's theme-specific logo to use to promote Teen Read Week at your library
3) Once you've registered, YALSA has collected helpful online tools or you to plan and promote Teen Read Week @ your library: activity ideas relating to this year's theme, professional materials to help you plan, and publicity tools to get attention for your events.
4) We know you have something fabulous planned for Teen Read Week in your community. Tell us! We're collecting your plans at the YALSA Wiki, http://tinyurl.com/trw-mylibrary
5) Take a look at the official Books with Beat @ your library products from ALA Graphics! YALSA and ALA Graphics are offering posters, bookmarks, downloadables (including pamphlets and to promote Teen Read Week inside your library; ALA members get a 10 percent discount. If you'd like to receive TRW products in time for Teen Read Week using standard shipping, you'll need to order by Oct. 1, 2010. Products are available at http://www.alastore.ala.org/trw10.
Thank you for all you do to connect teens and books in your community!
-Stevie - Stephanie (Stevie) Kuenn, Communications Specialist
Young Adult Library Services Association http://www.ala.org/yalsa