The ALTAFF/Baker & Taylor Awards recognize Friends groups for outstanding efforts to support their library. Awards are given for a specific project culminating in the year prior to application, or based on the full scope of the group’s activities during that year. Applications are judged on the following:
- Planning: Friends, library, and community involvement, use of resources, appropriateness of the activity, and measurable goals and objectives.
- Implementation: Use of resources, public relations, task monitoring, and broad membership involvement.
- Evaluation: Assessment of activity or program, measurable results.
- Innovation: New idea or implementation, creative involvement of people, fresh use of public relations.
- Community Involvement: Broad support by the community in planning and implementation.
Applications for the 2010 Baker & Taylor Awards are now available. Submissions are due May 2, 2011.
Download the application form
Download the release form
(American Libraries Direct, March 9, 2011)