Register now for this year's support staff and circulation services conference!
Working Together: Blending - Merging - Transforming is the theme for the May 23 one-day conference sponsored by the Support Staff and Circulation Services Section of WLA in Appleton at the DJ Bordini Business & Industry Center.
Not only will you connect with peers from around the state and learn about issues impacting library service, but you'll come away refreshed and renewed for your work back home.
Learn from the following sessions:
- tour of the Fox Valley Technical College Library
- implementing RFID technology: how to do it, how it will affect circulation and staffing and more
- tools and techniques for using digital storytelling to communicate the value of your library with impact
- how to do yoga in your chair for everyday fitness and stress relief
- how to help your patrons use the e-resources available through the Wisconsin Public Library Consortium, focused on downloading e-books to diffferent e-readers
- how you can tailor customer service practices for individuals with autism, the third most common developmental disability
And of course, don't miss fascinating keynotes: "The Tattooed Librarian" by Amelia Osterud and "All Together Now: Library Advocacy, Front Line Service, and the Wisconsin Library Community" by Ron McCabe, WLA President.
Time is short. Please register by May 16 to take advantage of this great day of programming scheduled especially for library support staff.
See you there!
Support Staff & Circulation Services Section Board